[xiphos-users] Fw: Copy/Export Passage Issue - more information

Jose Jurado jjuradoaranda at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 21:35:02 MST 2016

Selecting and copying various verses from Xiphos 4.0.4 (gtk3 webkit1) using CentOS 7.2 (rpm-based), then pasting into LibreOffice Writer (5.1.1.3) has displayed similar artifacts as those reported by certain others. Notably, the finding reported by one user about a reference's missing closing bracket was replicated in the following instance:             (Acts 1:21 [ACV]
 Similar results are recalled for other passages tried previously in LibreOffice 5.0.?.

 NB: Copy/Export inXiphos performed using default ‘Plain Text’ option in shortcutmenu.
See attached .odt file for artifacts noted when pasting into LibreOffice Writer, including:-
(a) an occasional missing closing bracket for the reference when using 'Edit/Paste' unlike when using 'Paste Special/Unformatted text';
(b) a new line break before the space that precedes the reference on at least one occasion (Acts 1:21 KJVA) when doing 'Paste special/Unformatted text'.(c) artifact (a) above was reproduced at least for one certain passage regardless of whether either a single verse or the following verse were additionally exported (viz, Genesis 39:1 and Genesis 39:1-2) using modules AKJV, UKJV, KJVA, but this was not reproduced for the multiple verses cited when using the ACV module;(d) a new line break when two contiguous verses were exported together for at least one passage (viz, Genesis 39:1-2, cited above) for all modules tested, although unlike in case (b) above, in these cases the new line break appears after the space that precedes the reference - not before;  and
(e) when exporting a passage with multiple verses, an extra space appeared at least at the start of the text of Genesis 39:1-2, cited above, but only when using 'Paste Special/Unformatted text'.

The same copied passages pasted into gedit (a Gnome 'notepad' without any formatting that I am aware of) seem to deliver the same results as when doing a 'Paste special/Unformatted text' in Writer.  See attached gedit file: 'Xiphos - copy-export issue - gedit document'.

It seems to me that variations may depend at times on:-(a) whether the passage is pasted with or without formatting;(b) Bible module;
(c) whether a multiple-versed passage is exported.
Thank you,
Jose