[bt-devel] Bug?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Nov 28 15:01:18 MST 2008

Greg Hellings wrote:
> I was just testing BibleTime's install manager...
>
> I was in the middle of downloading some modules, tooling along just
> happily, when I found out I had already downloaded most of them.  So I
> panicked, hit the "Cancel All" button, and BibleTime proceeded to
> crash.  Here was the output...
>
> FATAL: exception not rethrown
> *** BibleTime got signal 6 (Crashing). Trying to save settings.
> *** Saving seemed to be successful. If restoring does not work on next
> startup please use the option --ignore-session
> KCrash: Application 'bibletime' crashing...
> sock_file=/home/hellings1/.kde/socket-ubuntu-desktop/kdeinit4__0
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
> KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2
>

> (for those following my actions closely and who are concerned - this
> was the standard BibleTime SVN HEAD running against sword-1.5.11).
>
> Anyone have an idea what went on?
>
> --Greg

I think this is my responsibility because I have written the new Manager.

I don't know yet if I can help. First, can you repeat this? Second, if
it happens only with libsword 1.5.11-> I cant find out the reason
because I can't compile it. Here is my problem:

Making all in lib
make[1]: Entering directory `/work/src/sword-svn/trunk/lib'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../src/utilfuns/Greek2Greek.cpp',
needed by `Greek2Greek.lo'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/work/src/sword-svn/trunk/lib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I run usrinst and make. Configration seemed to be successful, e.g.
libicu was found. Make gave this error after compiling some other files.

--Eeli Kaikkonen