[bt-devel] Bug?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:14:50 MST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>> I was just testing BibleTime's install manager...
>>
>> I was in the middle of downloading some modules, tooling along just
>> happily, when I found out I had already downloaded most of them.  So I
>> panicked, hit the "Cancel All" button, and BibleTime proceeded to
>> crash.  Here was the output...
>>
>> FATAL: exception not rethrown
>> *** BibleTime got signal 6 (Crashing). Trying to save settings.
>> *** Saving seemed to be successful. If restoring does not work on next
>> startup please use the option --ignore-session
>> KCrash: Application 'bibletime' crashing...
>> sock_file=/home/hellings1/.kde/socket-ubuntu-desktop/kdeinit4__0
>> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
>> KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2
>>

>> (for those following my actions closely and who are concerned - this
>> was the standard BibleTime SVN HEAD running against sword-1.5.11).
>>
>> Anyone have an idea what went on?
>>
>> --Greg
>>

> I think this is my responsibility because I have written the new Manager.
>
> I don't know yet if I can help. First, can you repeat this? Second, if
> it happens only with libsword 1.5.11-> I cant find out the reason
> because I can't compile it. Here is my problem:
>
> Making all in lib
> make[1]: Entering directory `/work/src/sword-svn/trunk/lib'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../src/utilfuns/Greek2Greek.cpp',
> needed by `Greek2Greek.lo'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/work/src/sword-svn/trunk/lib'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This looks like an eerily familiar bug... but for the life of me I
can't remember when or where I saw it.  But I know that I've seen it
before.  You might just try pulling a fresh version of the SWORD tree
and checking out
http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-25
otherwise BibleTime will crash with SWORD HEAD on running.

--Greg