[bt-devel] Search dialog changes

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Nov 17 10:50:30 MST 2008

Hi Eeli,

I find the current solution confusing. AND adds something between the words, OR
doesn't and you can use a special syntax there? To be consistent and intuitive
we probably need to have three modes:

-"all words" (adds AND, removes OR)
-"some words" (adds OR, removes AND)
-"free search" (no changes, syntax help)

And it should remember my decision. :D
An alternative to removing AND/OR in the first modes, you could switch to "free
search" whenever clucene syntax items were detected.

What do you think?

mg