[bt-devel] question about drop-down lists

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sun Nov 2 11:07:25 MST 2008

Hi Eeli,

> If we want to add more configuration options they could be:
>
> - Show/hide dropdown list buttons
> - Show/hide scroller buttons
> - Show/hide up/down AND scroller buttons
>
> I'm always in favor of finding one simple solution which serves
> everybody. BibleTime style is to have only few configuration options.
> But because the Bible navigator is the most important widget in a
> Bible reader program it wouldn't hurt to have configurability. I'd
> like to hear some opinions, especially from Martin.

Just got BT to compile (getting loads of strage warnings on gcc 4.3.2 /
Kubuntu 8.10?!).

I really like your implementation! Your new buttons take only very little
space, so I  do not think they need to be configurable (to be turned off). The
same is valid for the scroller buttons.

But I'm ready to accept other solutions as long as they look good and help the
users do their work.

God bless, mg