[bt-devel] question about drop-down lists

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Nov 2 13:42:53 MST 2008

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> Adding scroll to the dropdown buttons is a good idea and should be
> easy enough to implement, if we decide to keep the buttons. If indeed
> at the moment only the small center button has the scrolling feature -
> I'm away from my computer and can't check - it could as well be
> implemented for the whole widget set so that scrolling would work on
> top of up/down buttons, too. There's no reason to limit scrolling to
> one small button.

Scrolling is now implemented for dropdown buttons and for
up/down/scroller buttons. Scrolling down scrolls to next item in all places.

The looks of the buttons depend on the Qt visual style. The default one
in this Kubuntu Linux looks nice otherwise but in this case it creates
some needless extra space around the buttons and the text area. I
couldn't get rid of it with stylesheets or properties. Also the middle
scroller button looks stupid, the upper and lower border are drawn in
the same place. I can live with these minor problems but it would be
nice if someone fixed them.

--Eeli Kaikkonen