[bt-devel] Count me in.

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sun Mar 12 13:51:21 MST 2006

Gabriel,

> > -> Another item would be to check why "make distcheck" fails -- I could
> > not find it out. It might even be a general problem with the kde make
> > system that cannot be fixed, but it would be nice to know.
>
> At what point is it crashing for you?  I'm crashing at the check for
> CLucene in configure.  I band-aided that then I got a crash at 'No rule
> to make target `bibletimeinterface.skel', needed by `distdir'.'

These errors sound like normal configure errors? Try to "make cvs-clean"
first, then run autogen.sh and configure. If this all works well (autotools
versions, libtool version?), you can try "make dist" as a next step. Only if
then everything works well, and it should, you can try "make distcheck". This
is the strictest thing. It basically checks if everything builds, installs
and uninstalls absolutely clean.

For me, it fails during the build process in "make distcheck". This uses
separate source, build and install directories. And at some point it fails
because a header file is auto-generated from a .ui file in the wrong
directory. This might or might not be a general problem with KDE.

Thanks in advance.

mg