[xiphos-users] Kretzmann commentary formatting

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 04:31:58 MST 2016

Hi Ed,

Yes, I see the same thing.  I put that module together about 5 years ago
or so.

I'm not sure exactly what is causing the problem, but it seems to get
smaller at every newline in the osis or perhaps with some of the <hi>
tags.  The osis seems well formed and not particularly complicated.  The
section you quote is here:

                         <hi type="small-caps">THANKSGIVING FOR GOD’S BENEFITS. -</hi>

Brian

On 06/08/2016 02:34 PM, Ed Backell wrote:
> Hello, all -
>
> Is anyone else having odd formatting issues with the Kretzmann
> commentary? it's found in the Xiphos repository, and it's a nice
> addition...
>
> ...but the words get progressively smaller as I scroll down through
> the text. The title is HUGE, but it looks as if the text is having a
> problem with superscripting...
>
> for the Lord has kept, and is keeping, His promises concerning the
> redemption of mankind. ^V.2. *For Thou hast made of a city an
> heap,* laid the wicked world city in ruins, *of a defensed city a
> ruin,* as described in the preceding chapter. *a palace of strangers
> to be no city,* the fortifications, the citadels being used for the
> entire city; *it shall never be built.* ^V.3. *Therefore shall the
> strong people glorify Thee,* men of various nations being brought to
> the knowledge of Jehovah, *the city of the terrible nations,* despots
> and tyrants, *shall fear Thee,* Gentiles everywhere coming to the
> knowledge of the true God. ^V.4. *For Thou hast been a strength to the
> poor,*
>
> Anyone else?

"This is not the end of the world ... although you sure can see
it from here" - The Tangent, "In Darkest Dreams"