[xiphos-devel] translation websites

Seong-ho Cho darkcircle.0426 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:23:08 MST 2017

just In my opinion, I also *strongly* recommend to use "Transifex" as a
open-source software localization platform for the xiphos, I agree to
Daniel's suggestion.

I have experience to use "Transifex" from 2011, I can say, "Transifex" is
the most comfortable thing for both world-wide translators and developers.

> Hi Karl,
>
> Have you looked at transifex.com? I think it was originally set up for
> translating for Fedora (remembering vaguely from a talk at Guadec a
> long time ago by the guy that started it). It is very commercial now
> but they still say it is free for open source projects/
>
> From https://www.transifex.com/pricing/
>
> "What are the basic requirements to qualify as an Open Source account?
>
> We are proud and humbled to be hosting the largest Open Source
> translation community in the world. We offer Transifex for free to
> Open Source projects that have no funding, revenue, and/or
> commercialization model. If you have a question whether your
> organization qualifies for our Open Source program, please contact
> us."
>
> HTH,
> Daniel
>

> On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org>
> wrote:
> > If I wanted to enlist the support of some web-based translation facility
> in
> > the interest of improving our longstanding set of *.po, which one would I
> > find recommended?
> >
> > Someone asked me about weblate.org. But it seems to be either [a] free
> > software to install on a web server, which would be fine, but it's
> clearly a
> > complicated setup with a half bazillion dependencies, so that's not
> going to
> > happen soon, or [b] a fee-based weblate-will-host-for-you arrangement,
> and
> > no, I'm not going to spend money on this.
> >
> > Suggestions welcome.

Seong-ho Cho

GNOME Asia Summit 2013 Local Organizer.
Translator, getting involved on variety open source software projects.