[sword-devel] Contributing to sword-tools repo?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Jan 14 23:51:27 MST 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 02:35 +0100, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On 2016-01-14, 22:11 GMT, Greg Hellings wrote:
> > I'd be happy to work through gitlab with you (though I would
> > strongly prefer github, where I've made my home)
>
> I don't care about GitHub or GitLab ... I prefer the latter (as
> it is FLOSS and it kind of grew on me), but no problem with
> moving it anywhere else (BitBucket because of integration with
> Jira? Somebody suggested it in this thread). Git repo is git
> repo is git repo.

Can I just say that for the last few years I am the main contributor to
sword-tools and the reason for that is that there the scripts live I am
using for module making. The last commit made by someone else other
than me is from April 2014.

My Module makefiles in turn live on the fact that certain scripts are
in certain places so that they can pull them in.

While I like git in preference over svn, I am unkeen to move things
from sword-tools because I would need to rewrite other things
(makefiles).

Wrt the bindings and their documentation - the bindings do not live in
sword-tools but under sword/bindings. Yes, they could benefit from
documentation just as a lot of other places could. But moving sword-
tools somewhere else will not help in any particular way with that.

Peter