[sword-devel] Contributing to sword-tools repo?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Jan 14 18:35:27 MST 2016

On 2016-01-14, 22:11 GMT, Greg Hellings wrote:
> I'd be happy to work through gitlab with you (though I would
> strongly prefer github, where I've made my home)

I don't care about GitHub or GitLab ... I prefer the latter (as
it is FLOSS and it kind of grew on me), but no problem with
moving it anywhere else (BitBucket because of integration with
Jira? Somebody suggested it in this thread). Git repo is git
repo is git repo.

> As I've said before

I am sorry, I forgot that conversation.

> I find PEP-8 objectionable for reasons beyond the scope of
> this thread, and so I'm very disinclined to accept a patchset
> that consists of that sweeping change as a baseline.

Well, I am sorry, but if we are talking about this branch here,
I am afraid that PEP8 cannot be beyond the scope of this thread.
Could you elaborate? I don't have any love for PEP8 as such, but
I really like the idea that Python is one few (almost only one?)
which has actually strict formatting standard baked in. Uniform
look of all Python code is a huge win in my books, and any
discussions about particular rules are completely unimportant in
comparison IMHO. Could you elaborate on what exactly in PEP8 is
unacceptable for you?

Blessings,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity.
    -- Napoleon Bonaparte (or many other people to whom this
       quote is ascribed)