[sword-devel] Contributing to sword-tools repo?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:11:21 MST 2016

Matej,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> wrote:
> On 2016-01-14, 20:12 GMT, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>> Many projects at CrossWire do have loose to medium submission
>> policies: sword-tools, flashcards, swordweb, parts of
>
> I really have no ax to grind with libsword itself, because I am
> really not a C++ programmer, so I will let somebody else to
> fight that war. However, I would be interested exactly in
> sword-tools to go to GitLab/GitHub/BitBucket/whatever-git.
> I believer it is a way more alive, and I would think that
> especially with unhappy state of documentation for
> Python/Perl/etc. bindings more examples could help whole
> project.

I'd be happy to work through gitlab with you (though I would strongly
prefer github, where I've made my home) as av11n.py is my
responsibility. However, your first commit on that branch is still one
that I would not accept. As I've said before - I won't accept anything
just because it's PEP-8, and I definitely wouldn't accept a complete
reformatting of the script just for that reason. I find PEP-8
objectionable for reasons beyond the scope of this thread, and so I'm
very disinclined to accept a patchset that consists of that sweeping
change as a baseline.

--Greg