[sword-devel] CzeBKR & CzeCSP

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 10:48:49 MST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 04:17:24AM -0800, Chris Little wrote:
>It's unclear whether you are working entirely from an ODT
>exported from Wikisource articles or are also using the CzeBKR
>module exported via osis2mod, but there's no way we would
>distribute content produced via either of these methods.

The former, as the CzeBKR as it currently stands is faulty
(using the first edition text for the New Testament).

>Wikisource can be a good source for Bibles, but there are a couple of
>very significant problems with how you are using Wikisource. The first
>problem is that you aren't using the Wikisource source text, you're
>using something that has already been transformed into ODT.

It has been exported to ODT by the Wikisource page itself.
http://cs.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Speci%C3%A1ln%C3%AD:Kniha&bookcmd=book_creator&referer=Bible+kralick%C3%A1

Meaning, I AM working on the WikiSource text (or there is some
serious bug in their software, but I’d bet it’s better than what
we have).

But see below ... I will drop ODT efforts alltogether. It is not
worthy.

>unnecessarily introduces the potential for errors. It's also
>much, much easier to transform Wiki markup to OSIS than it is
>to transform ODT to OSIS.

I hoped for the OSIS OpenOffice filter to work. Apparently, it
doesn’t.

>If you intend to use Wikisource as a source text, use the
>underlying Wiki document and write a script to pull a fresh
>copy from Wikisource so that changes to the Wikisource copy can
>be easily integrated into updates. If you'd like an example
>Python script that downloads documents from Wikisource and
>generates an OSIS document, I can send you one.

You are right. It really was easy
http://luther.ceplovi.cz/git/czebkr.git/tree/get_text.py

>"Maintainer" contact info is not useful or necessary because
>"maintainers" usually maintain their submissions very little if
>at all. Module bugs go into the bug tracker. From there, we
>assign the bugs to the appropriate maintainer. If you feel the
>need to sign your module, you can add a note at the end of the
>About section.

I understand that you insist to having everything under the
control and in secrecy (why would y'all otherwise hide
maintainers, and also see the recent discussion on SVN v. DVCS),
but I don’t think it is the best way how to encourage community
collaboration. But that’s your choice (or rather, choice of
everybody behind the project).

https://lwn.net/Articles/370157/

>>Could somebody upload to our repository
>>http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/CzeCSP.zip with the new version, please?
>
>We do not accept submissions of compiled modules. Submissions are
>still done the same way as they were two years ago: send the OSIS file
>or a link to it to modules at crosswire.org.

Sorry, you are right. I will.

Blessings,

Matěj

A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
   -- Proverbs 22:1