[sword-devel] verse position problems

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 25 13:16:41 MST 2014

Apparently, this module was created by an earlier version of osis2mod. Back in the day, content between verses was assumed to be only titles. Those were pulled out and placed at the beginning of a verse and marked with subType="x-preverse".

The rest of the non-title content was assumed to be part of the verse. And thus such elements caused the verse number to be put after the titles and before the newlines.

This module should be rebuilt to fix the bug.

The current behavior of osis2mod (and it has been this way for a while now) is to mark everything between verses with a pre-verse div. The SWORD engine is supposed to put all of this in the pre-verse "heading". It really is no longer a heading as most of it is supposed to display when headings are turned off. (I think there may still be a problem with vertical whitespace between verses, but that is a different issue)

You are right that there is no verse number in the module. It is the pre-verse div or title that is used to indicate where the verse number goes.

Building the module as raw and using the -d 2 will allow one to look at the file to see the output verse by verse.

DM