[sword-devel] verse position problems

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Feb 25 12:54:59 MST 2014

On 02/25/2014 02:22 PM, DM Smith wrote:
> Some of the frontends have problem displaying verse numbers in the
> right place with RtoL text.
> Otherwise, I think it is a problem with your text.  The verse number
> will be placed where the <verse> element starts.
It's not a problem merely with RtoL text.  See vv.1,4,7,8,9 here:
http://karl.kleinpaste.org/xiphos/LEB-verse-number-offset.png

LEB Rev.1.1 markup shows a paragraph break at its beginning.  There are
no <verse> elements, so I can only assume that they do not survive
osis2mod, or LEB doesn't use them in the first place.

$$$Revelation of John 1:1
subType="x-preverse">Prologue</title> <div sID="gen31179"
type="paragraph"/>The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to
show to his slaves <transChange type="added">the things</transChange>
which must take place in a short time, and communicated <transChange
type="added">it</transChange> <transChange
type="added">by</transChange><note>Here "<catchWord>by</catchWord>" is
supplied as a component of the participle ("sending") which is
understood as means</note> sending <transChange
type="added">it</transChange> through his angel to his slave John,

Also, in Xiphos, order of content generation is pre-verse heading, then
internal generation of verse#, then verse content.