[sword-devel] Sword Node.js wrapper

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Sun Jun 16 03:41:53 MST 2013

Hi Stephan

In terms of Copyright/license, you fall under the "redistribution" category
as far as I can tell. As a result, you will need to seek permission for all
modules in the repository (apart from those that are public domain). Or at
least, that's my understanding. Publishing content on the web is a form of
redistribution. Normal Sword frontends benefit from the rights and
permissions CrossWire has sought from the various Copyright holders.

In terms of accessing the raw OSIS XML, you can certainly do that with
JSword, so I'd expect you could do something similar in Sword.

BTW, just so that you are aware, STEP is a webapp and already exposes a
JSON/Rest API and hopes to extend it further to support more use cases. It
wraps around JSword, rather than Sword.

May be worth chatting offline further around the overlap of our two
projects.
Chris