[sword-devel] Bible book introductions

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Jun 2 14:47:54 MST 2013

On 6/2/2013 9:23 AM, Chris Burrell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some books have Bible introductions. Can I suggest adding a flag to the
> conf file to indicate this is the case? In the similar mindset as a
> of a particular module rather than having to read part of the module and
> hope for that particular book/chapter to have an introduction. A yes/no
> flag in the .conf file would be helpful.
>
> (In particular, I have in mind the book introductions that are part of
> the ESV text). But no doubt other modules will also (or in the future
> will also) have the same aspects.
>
> Chris

I would say no. This doesn't add anything.

Identifying that a module possesses introductions at some level does not
indicate that it possesses all of the introductions at that level.
Accordingly, knowing that a module possesses introductions still
requires checking for non-empty contents in order to know that a
particular introduction is non-empty.

This is along the lines of the request for a Scope .conf entry, which
was already rejected. Whatever solution is used for that case can also
be used for introductions.

--Chris