[sword-devel] Method Name Normalization

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 11:41:55 MST 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 17:13 +0100, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> >
> > Headings() has been renamed to setIntros(bool) and bool isIntros()
> > Headings() -- used to turn on chapter, book, testament, and module
> > introductions, has frequently been a point of confusion with the global
> > option "Headings" -- used to turn on and off section headings in the
> > text.  This new property name will hopefully remove that confusion.
>
> Does this mean that headings and intros are now formally separated?
> Right now both are turned on jointly, while a more natural way would be
> to turn on headings and turn on intros separately of each other - maybe
> making latter dependent on former, but former should be possible without
> sudden appearance of huge intro paragraphes.

I can only speak about Xiphos and BibleTime, as those are the only two I
have used: Xiphos you still have to request the 0'th chapter in order to
see the introduction, and with BibleTime, the window is pre-scrolled past
the Headings and the user needs to scroll back to read them if they want
to. I was thrown off the first time I was looking for module header
information in BT because the module window was scrolled beyond it.

--Greg