[sword-devel] Sword utilities (Win32) r2693 ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:42:30 MST 2012

Thanks Greg,

I have *xiphos.exe 3.1.5-webkit* and the Xiphos folder does indeed contain
most of the utilities.

If I run osis2mod.exe from there, the revision number is just displayed as
*$Rev$* (without an r-number) so it doesn't exactly show which SWORD release
it was.
All the filedates are 2012-02-20.

A module built using this version of osis2mod.exe does not display section
headings at all !
That's the case whether or not I include the attribute subType='x-preverse'
in the title elements!

So I'm still really confused as to how to prepare an OSIS file such that
headings can be correctly displayed.

An older version of osis2mod.exe *r2562* does make a module that displays
headings correctly providing subType='x-preverse' is included.

However, *r2562* does not /append/ a non-KJV verse *III John 15* to verse
14.
Rather it /replaced/ verse 14 text by that for verse 15, even though the
message tells me it was appending it. So unless I tweak the OSIS file for
this one instance, I'm at an impasse.

Clearly, I'm at a serious disadvantage in (a) not being a software developer
who has gone into how to compile C++ source code in a Windows environment,
and (b) not being a Linux user. But I shouldn't have to be either, were
there adequate support for Windows users at CrossWire. Making modules should
not be that difficult.

/As I've observed a long time ago, being a mere Windows user makes me feel
like Cinderella! /

I expect many other Windows users are like me - pretty frustrated when it
comes to building modules, because of the inconsistencies in Sword utilities
and pre-processing scripts for making good OSIS.

David