[sword-devel] Sword utilities (Win32) r2693 ?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Oct 23 05:59:50 MST 2012

If you see $Rev$, then SVN was not used to do the checkout of the file.

The date is indicative of the build and presumably of the checkout. Typically, a developer will get all the current files before doing a build.

You can use the command "svn log" to get a history of the file and you can correspond the dates in the log with the revision number there also.

Regarding the append vs replace. I don't know what's happening. I've not seen that before.

While the $Rev$ (normally replaced) would tell you the last revision that the file osis2mod.cpp was changed, It does not tell you whether some change in the SWORD engine changed in a way that impacted osis2mod.

The responsibility of osis2mod is to chunk the input into verses and pass it correctly to the SWORD engine to do the work. If the API remains the same but the semantic/behavior changes then all bets are off. (Not saying that it was due to a SWORD engine change or whether osis2mod did not hand it off correctly).

Hope this helps.

In Him,
	DM