[sword-devel] Status of HTTP Transport

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Sat Mar 17 19:04:55 MST 2012

Hi Greg,

I was the one who initially hacked some HTTP support into SWORD (after Troy had created some framework for it)...  It may still be only PS that uses it, but it only works for specific repositories, based on the httpd software they use.  I believe we're waiting for the ability to download modules in ZIP format from the repos, like JSword has, and once that has been implemented, finishing the HTTP support will be a breeze :)  However, it will then only work for those repos that support ZIP downloads of modules.
[FYI, I had it working for the CrossWire repos and that was it.]

Hope that helps?  ybic
	nic...  :)