[sword-devel] Fwd: Chinese Pinyin bible

1stmac mac1st at live.com
Wed Sep 14 12:30:38 MST 2011

Hi, I've completed the work mentioned below.
Thanks Martin for directing me to the source and David for the tips.

The simplified chinese script version that appears on biblegateway is fairly accurate, but still contains some errors and omissions.
The footnotes are placed within the text in parentheses, and is confusing as portions of the main text which are not footnotes also appear in parentheses.

The xiphos pinyin module appears to be an earlier draft of what is currently available at the www.wordproject.org site.
But the pinyin text that is available at the www.wordproject.org site still has many residual errors, and is even more unreliable in comparison with the biblegateway material.

Using the version on www.youversion.com as a guide, I set out to correct the footnotes in the xiphos module that was downloaded. I now have the complete bible in pinyin, corrected for missing/wrong words and verses, gross tonal inaccuracies, and footnotes that appear as footnotes instead of together with the text.

I worked on a single OSIS file, and compiled the necessary modules. I've tested it and it works as it should.
I also have another file containing a list of errors that I've spotted and corrected in the xiphos pinyin module.

I would be happy to share any of these with you.

שלום
Yau Onn

Begin forwarded message: