[sword-devel] Installing new/updated locales like we do for modules?
niccarter at mac.com
Thu Mar 10 04:15:59 MST 2011
Do you mind doing your own diff?
Just clone the repo and diff the externals/sword folder and you should see changes related to startup times. Ignore the changes in the filters, as they only affect display & not speed.
That BibleTime tweak sounds specific to BibleTime - I know I made a handful of those changes when pulling the Obj-C SWORD wrappers across to use with PocketSword (which I forgot to submit upstream cause they made no diffence, speed-wise, on a desktop & it was only on a handheld that you noticed the improvements - but, still, I really need to sit down and figure out my changes to submit to Manfred!)...
Let me know if you have any questions about the PS tweaks :)
On 10/03/2011, at 19:42, Konstantin Maslyuk <kalemas at mail.ru> wrote:
>> On 10/03/2011, at 7:19 AM, Nic wrote:
>> I've been considering how to speed up the loading of the locales,
>> and I have already made several optimisations to SWORD for use on
>> iOS devices (which is all in the mercurial repo on bitbucket).
>> Hopefully I'll have time to do some more of these so I can
>> (hopefully, eventually) use the full set of UTF8 locales in PocketSword at the same time. :)
> Great, i would like to look at your work.
> Also i found another performance issue. Its related to BibleTime.
> SWModule::setPosition for modules with one testament only and
> skipConsecutiveLinks(true) takes too long, because it is increments
> thought whole module. It is better to cache data about absent
> books/testament in module config.
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel