[sword-devel] BREW Development?

Tue Jun 21 09:16:22 MST 2011

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:48:24 AM Greg Hellings wrote:
> So just don't go
> screaming to or at Apple about the GPL nature of the App and you can
> probably slip in under the radar.  It may not be technically compliant
> on Apple's part, but we're the ones who get to make a fuss about it,
> not them.

Well yes, I agree. I had assumed we were using some sort of implicit exception
to allow for app store distribution, which is allowed under section 7 of the
GPL v2 (IIRC). I was pointing out re the original topic (BREW) that app stores
are not an open distribution system either, even if barrier to entry is much
easier. I merely cited the FSF cases as examples of where app store
distribution is not in compliance with GPL.