[sword-devel] Looking for vpl reference

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:33:45 MST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Angel Candelaria
<linuxarecibo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks David for your insights.
>
> The module I'm working on is called "Reina Valera Restaurada 2011"
> which you can find at http://www.asambleadeyahweh.com . This version
> was made based on RVR1909 by José Alvarez, the leader of Asamblea de
> Yahweh in Puerto Rico (they are a "descendant" of the Yahwe's Assembly
> in the Messiah movement of USA).  I'm his assistant, and he gave me
> permission to work on this module.  In fact, the bible is available
> freely at the website I just mentioned.
>
> About the format, what will it require to change my vpl text to an imp
> format? I am so close at getting this in order that trying another
> format seems like "starting over".  But if there's no other way, I may
> have to do it.

In the imp format an entry looks like this:
$$$Matthew 1:1
The text of
Matthew 1:1 spread out here
in the following lines
$$$Matthew 1:2
The text of Matthew 1:2 here in
the next lines

So you'd need to insert $$$Reference lines between each line of the
text. It's still a very simple markup, not much more than vpl, but
able to handle alternate versifications.

--Greg