[sword-devel] osis2mod unhappy with New Testament osisIDs

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Wed Jul 13 07:28:32 MST 2011

On 07/13/2011 10:14 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 13.7.2011 15:42, Matej Cepl napsal(a):
>>> I'm not sure which one will work for you, but NRSV, Synodal, or German
>>> would be the first ones I would try.
>>
>> All Czech bibles are unified in using the original Hebrew/Greek
>> versification (which is why I tried to use MT; of course, that was
>> silly). CzeKMS is based on Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Vierte
>> verbesserte Auflage 1990, and The Greek New Testament, Deutsche
>> Biblegesellschaft, Stuttgart 1994 (both which are considered standard
>> critical editions of the original Bible here). Which versification I
>> should use? Obviously KJV (or any standard English one) is not the right
>> one.
>
> Looking at
> http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification/System_Identification
> it seems just by order of the books like Luther, but with switched
> Ezechiel and Daniel (I have it Ezek, Dan).
>
> Do you know about some overview of differences between different v11ns
> (e.g., Neh 2.11 is my Bible is the same as 2.12 in English Bibles)?
Not really an answer to your question, but finding a v11n that will work:
1) Find those that have the same books as your bible.xml. It is OK for
the v11n to have more books, but not less books. I think osis2mod will
choke on having less books.
2) Then find those that have the same number of chapters per book as
your bible.xml. It is OK for the v11n to have more chapters, but not
less. Osis2mod is particularily unhappy to find a chapter it did not expect.
3) Then find those that have the same number of verses per chapter per
book. This is not critical. If there are fewer, osis2mod will append the
extra verses to the last verse in the chapter.
4) Then look for one that has the books in the same order.

Osis2mod will take books, chapters and verses out of order and plug them
into the module in the v11n order.

Hope this helps.

In Him,
     DM