[sword-devel] av11n mappings

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 30 22:39:32 MST 2010

> To me, this lack seems a major limitation.

We have been over that one already a few times.

A limitation, not a major one. And better than the current situation.
So it is progress. I say this as someone whose main Bible is in a av11n

While Bibles get forced into KJV the references get
messed up too. Luther v11n texts are in a major way different across
Pentateuch and small prophets so much so that all KJV references are
meaningless - they get you into the general neighbourhood but nothing
more.

But without av11n even normal lookup is wrong. And that is worse.

At the moment basically whenever you want to look at a German OT
reference you might know by heart our software gives you the wrong
text. Once av11n works this will not happen any more.

You are wrong if you think the current system does what you want -
seamless moving between languages.

Peter