[sword-devel] av11n mappings

Mark Morgan marktmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 19:44:12 MST 2010

I would have thought that such a mapping was a fundamental part of support
for alternate versifications.  Until the mapping is there and available
through the library in some way, front ends cannot link between Bibles with
different versifications: cross references can only work for one
versification.

In my use of the Bible, swift looking up of cross references and easy
comparison of multiple translations are the main area where computers
shine.  Take away those advantages and a paper Bible feels much better.

To me, this lack seems a major limitation.

God bless.

Mark

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Have you not known? Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God,
 the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable." Isaiah 40:28