[sword-devel] Hyphens in book names

Robert Hunt hunt.robertj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:55:08 MST 2010

New Zealand.

Hello all,

     I am spending today studying the documentation on the Crosswire
Sword wiki so I'm likely to have a few questions. Please let me know if
this is not the right forum to ask questions.

     I see in http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:SWORD that
localised book names are not allowed hyphens in them (because the hyphen
is used for verse ranges). In the Philippine language that we worked
with as Bible translators, the hyphen is a letter in the alphabet and
appears in several book names!

     Is this still a current limitation? If so, what is the suggested
work-around.

Thanks,
Robert.