[sword-devel] Hyphens in book names

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:19:03 MST 2010

 On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>wrote:

> Perhaps allowing each locale to define its own numerals and hyphen-like
> character would be a good solution?

This is exactly what BPBible allows. Numerals are defined in the text
section with the identifier 0123456789

e.g. for hindi/nepali
0123456789=०१२३४५६७८९

It also allow hyphens in book names using a workaround.
For example, in vietnamese there will be these two lines for 2 peter (the
first being standard SWORD line, the second mapping from that to a
with-hyphens version).
II Peter=II Phierơ
II Phierơ=II Phi-e-rơ

It's not the neatest solution but it does work.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!