[sword-devel] Typeset Bible directly from OSIS using LaTeX and

Mattias Põldaru mahfiaz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 05:42:56 MST 2010

I forgot to add that the osis2latex.xsl is somewhat inspired by
OSISToUSFM.1-6.xsl (Snowfallsoftware), it gave me a good starting point
and saved a little time of reading XSLT docs. Nevertheless,
OSISToUSFM.xsl is way more complicated and there is still much to learn
from :)

LaTeX code is derived from WEB bible published on ebible.org at
http://ebible.org/web/links.htm (see webtex.zip) and it uses mainly the
same commands. I mostly tinkered with the layout.

I think it would be worthwhile to provide good documentation and default
files about how to produce nice printable output from OSIS (or SWORD
module). This would make it more beneficial to keep OSIS or USFM as the
core of the translation. I think not all Bible agencies are aware of the
possibilities of such method. Although bibletechnologies.net mentions
why OSIS should be preferred core format, it does not provide methods to
fully utilize it.

Mattias

Ühel kenal päeval, P, 2010-09-05 kell 11:29, kirjutas Mattias Põldaru: