[sword-devel] Chinese Module Text

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 03:46:30 MST 2010

Hi Matthew,

If the Chinese Go Bible was converted to an Android application using J2ME
Bridge from netmite.com, then it could have been one that I made in December
last year.
It was shared temporarily with only a few friends, just to see if Androids
then supported Chinese fonts.

I have just reshared it, and you can download it from
http://www.box.net/shared/y3u3mvisyy http://www.box.net/shared/y3u3mvisyy

However, it was not made from the most recent source text that I was sent
from China.

Yesterday, I did recompile the simplified CUV Go Bible, and it can be found
here.
http://www.box.net/shared/x0are9jut7 http://www.box.net/shared/x0are9jut7

Because it's not a printed Bible, I have followed the advice from my Chinese
friend to remove the ideographic spaces.

The significant text change included yesterday was the correction to 1
Chronicles 22. This now has all 19 verses.

I ought to pass the latest version through J2ME Bridge and update the
Android folder.
Could be a few days before I do that.  Have other things higher up in my "to
do" list.

For the Android OS, you should consider the SWORD front-end being developed
by Martin Denham.
It's already well developed, and getting good feedback. Details are in the
mobile devel mailing list.
See also  http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/
http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/

Of course, to have the Chinese SWORD modules updated would help for what you
are after.

Yours in Christ's service,

David Haslam