[sword-devel] Config file for thml module

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 29 10:17:23 MST 2010

On 11/29/2010 11:17 AM, Mario Marín wrote:

>> If I understand correctly from the fact that you're using xml2gbs,
>> you're working on a ThML Genbook, right? (As opposed to a Bible,
>> Commentary, or Dictionary)
>>
> No, it's a bible.

Aha!  That's why.  For starters, you should ignore all of the advice
we've been giving you, it's all wrong.

xml2gbs is for genbooks only, and doesn't work for bibles. See:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/File_Formats#ThML

I know that some ThML Bibles were converted to SWORD modules many years
ago (ISV, for instance).  I don't think there's a tool to do that
conversion anymore.

If your ThML is self-consistent, it's likely not too bad to convert it
to OSIS, VPL, or IMP using some scripts (I'd suggest trying OSIS).

Brian