[sword-devel] Config file for thml module

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 26 20:07:13 MST 2010

On 11/26/2010 1:24 PM, mmfmarin at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for this great software.
> I have an old thml file and I want to create a module to open it in
> xiphos. The command I ran for this was:
> xml2gbs -fT ~/path/to/file.thml modulename
> The module seems OK, I get the following files:
> modulename.bdt  modulename.dat  modulename.idx
> I don't know the properties of the outputo module, and xml2gbs man or
> --help does not provide information about it. Therefore, I don't know
> what values should I put it the modulename.conf file, I mean:
> ModDrv?

> CompressType?
> BlockType?

Omit both of these.

> The module I created is recognized by xiphos, but I shows nothing. It
> would be much easier to convert my old thml file to osis format, is
> there anything like thml2osis?

CCEL had ThML to OSIS conversion procedures (specifically, an XSLT I
believe), but they never made it available to my knowledge. After CCEL's
revision of their copyright policy (claiming copyright on PD works,
including those encoded by non-CCEL parties), I don't think anyone is
much interested in supporting this format.