[sword-devel] Sword verse-numbering between various versions?

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 06:21:05 MST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Butrus Damaskus
<butrus.butrus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Von: Butrus Damaskus <butrus.butrus at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Does sword provide any API to get the translation between incompatible
>>> verse numbering (for example between the Masoretic text, the
>>> Septuagint, etc.)?
>>
>> This is the part of av11n which has not been implemented yet.
>>
>> I am sure if you are able to produce work on that it would be reviewed and if suitable also gratefully received.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Well, at the moment I have very little time, but I may get it a try.
> Is there any introduction/tutorial into hacking sword / sword
> internals etc?
>
> Also, I found at http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification
> that the "VerseMgr" is "nearly completed and included in Sword 1.6.0."
> Is there someone working on this activelly?

That part of the page looks fairly old, actually.  VerseMgr was
included in Sword 1.6.0, which was release a year and a half ago.
Since then 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 have been released, which among other
things added additional versifications as listed further down on that
page.  However, I recall someone else submitted an initial patch for
mapping a few weeks back.  Search for "av11n mappings" and you should
be able to find it.

I have changed the Wiki to "has been completed and included from Sword 1.6.0."

Jon