[sword-devel] Sword verse-numbering between various versions?

Butrus Damaskus butrus.butrus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 06:04:47 MST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Von: Butrus Damaskus <butrus.butrus at gmail.com>
>> Does sword provide any API to get the translation between incompatible
>> verse numbering (for example between the Masoretic text, the
>> Septuagint, etc.)?
> This is the part of av11n which has not been implemented yet.
> I am sure if you are able to produce work on that it would be reviewed and if suitable also gratefully received.
> Peter

Well, at the moment I have very little time, but I may get it a try.
Is there any introduction/tutorial into hacking sword / sword
internals etc?

Also, I found at http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification
that the "VerseMgr" is "nearly completed and included in Sword 1.6.0."
Is there someone working on this activelly?