[sword-devel] Parsing Devanagari digits in Cross References

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 08:07:41 MST 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:03 AM, David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com> wrote:

> One of my contacts mentioned something in an email today.
>
> "I used the USFM to OSIS python program from Snowfall with quite a bit of
> changes to make it work with  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanagari
> Devanagari  numbers in the crossreference processor.
> So now I can take both of the Nepali Bibles from USFM to OSIS and then to a
> Sword module in one step.
> I wish my additional code was in good enough shape to share but I’m mostly a
> hacker."
>
> I report this just in case the maintainers of usfm2osis.pl might wish to
> address this and similar situations.

Peter created a parallel script called xreffix.pl which sits alongside
usfm2osis.pl and is intended to be run on the output of usfm2osis.pl.
Using it requires the SWORD Perl bindings be installed and a locale
that understands the source language.  It should understand anything
that SWORD and the locale understand - if that includes Devanagari
digits.

--Greg