[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x Localization (Ps 151)

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Wed May 6 17:51:37 MST 2009

Chris,

I hadn't thought about that, but I wouldn't think that would be a problem in practice if Ps 151 is encoded as such. I need to find a printed Bible with the 151st Psalm to verify this, but my suspicion is that it is not a separate book but just an additional psalm. The reason I say that is that the additions to Daniel need to be encoded that way (no matter what the OSIS schema anticipates) because a major part of the addition is in chapter 2. I guess the real question is whether the three or so "books" that are actually additions to canonical material (in the Protestant sense) really need a distinct book name at all. To answer that we need to canvas some printed editions of Bibles containing such content to see where they put such material. I just don't have access to more than one until July, and that one drives my comments about Daniel.

Daniel