[sword-devel] NRSV info

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:47:16 MST 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Hi there .......
>
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>>>
>>> Selling price
>>
>> (I have no idea on this - ideally we'd like it to be free, but you
>> might have to negotiate with them on their royalty fees, if they have
>> any)
>
> It would be worth mentioning that we would make a module for them from their
> electonic source and would not charge them.  If they wanted to charge for
> it, they could, but we have no apparatus for buying or selling, so they
> would need to do that themselves or use an agent.  We would be happy for
> them to do so.  You might quote other copyright holders who do this (eg.
> bible.org).

We do, however, have code that would make the buying and selling
possible (some PHP I put together to do per-user sales and encryption)
and Karl has offered to host the system on Xiphos.org if a publisher
insists on module sales but doesn't want to be responsible for the
maintenance and sales themselves.

--Greg