[sword-devel] Sword error

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Mar 22 17:26:59 MST 2009

On Mar 22, 2009, at 7:46 PM, David Forslund wrote:

> I'm seeing the following error in Sword (within BibleDesktop) on
> some portions of the NASB bible.    The error is "caused by"
> 'org.jdom.Text cannot be cast to org.jdom.Element'.  There is a long
> traceback with the relevant modules:
> org.crosswire.jsword.book.filter.gbf.GVFTags$TextTag.updateOsisStack()
> and org.crosswire.jsword.book.filger.gbf.GBFFilter.toOSIS()
>
> If I run Sword by itself, it also fails to display but with no
> message.   This only occurs with the NASB version which I've created
> myself and only on some chapters (Psalm 72 and 75, e.g.).  I'm
> trying to figure out what is wrong in the Bible text that is causing
> the problem, but I can't tell by simply looking at the text.  I'm
> not sure what I need to do or look at to figure out the problem.

A similar problem was reported earlier in the Darby and it is fixed in
the latest nightly build. Hopefully, it is fixes your problem too.

The nightly build is back up and running for Mac and Linux but not
Windows. If you are running Windows grab the JSword binary build,
either zip or tar.gz and replace the jars in your BibleDesktop folder.
You can get it from http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/jsword/nightly
.

Let me know if this helps.

In Him,