[sword-devel] Sword error

David Forslund forslund at mail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:46:22 MST 2009

I'm seeing the following error in Sword (within BibleDesktop) on some
portions of the NASB bible.    The error is "caused by" 'org.jdom.Text
cannot be cast to org.jdom.Element'.  There is a long traceback with the
relevant modules:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.filter.gbf.GVFTags$TextTag.updateOsisStack()
and org.crosswire.jsword.book.filger.gbf.GBFFilter.toOSIS()

If I run Sword by itself, it also fails to display but with no
message.   This only occurs with the NASB version which I've created
myself and only on some chapters (Psalm 72 and 75, e.g.).  I'm trying to
figure out what is wrong in the Bible text that is causing the problem,
but I can't tell by simply looking at the text.  I'm not sure what I
need to do or look at to figure out the problem.

Thanks,

David Forslund