[sword-devel] [sword-support] deuterocanonical support

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 16 06:02:11 MST 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 8:07 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> A couple quick clarifications about av11n and others...
>
> There are technically 2 routes to support this under development:
>
> 1) ripping out the hardcoded KJV canon.h offsets and replacing them
> with VerseMgr, which allows registration of canon.h-like v11n systems.
>
> 2) genbook Bibles

There is a third aspect: releasing modules.

If we find that with the 1.5.12 SWORD engine that some applications
(ignoring JSword as it will lag and should not be a hold up anything)
do not work with a module, we should consider carefully whether to
release a module.

I guess my criteria would include whether Windows, Linux and Mac have
working SWORD applications for those modules.

-- DM