[sword-devel] Apostolic Bible Polyglot Greek-English Interlinear module.
chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Aug 21 16:46:24 MST 2009
As others have expressed, thank you for making this resource available.
I'll be happy to post it in CrossWire's repo after a few minor changes
to the markup. To that end:
1) Will a StrongsAB lexicon that we can distribute be forthcoming? If
not, my intuition is to convert these lemma entries into plain Strong's
entries so that they can be useful to those with a Strong's keyed
lexicon. At a minimum, I think they should be mirrored as Strong's
<w src="4" lemma="strongab:G1510.7.3 strong:G1510">ην</w>
<w src="4" lemma="strongab:G1510.7.3">ην</w>
Thus, the information would all be retained, but the basic Strong's
entries would be usable (without some odd changes to the Sword engine).
2) Does it sound acceptable to superscript the prepended numerals in the
English, so that they don't disrupt the flow of reading, as it were.
(This matches the printed edition.)
3) Does the markup <seg><hi type="italic">...</hi></seg> universally
indicate added text? If so, this can be encoded <transChange
4) Can you recommend what to do with strongab:G*, the universally used
StrongAB entry for proper names.
(Some other notes on improved OSIS encoding:)
5) The translated tetragrammaton, currently encoded as:
should be encoded:
6) There are lots of extra spaces before punctuation and before each
7) Since there's no Packard morphology content, the osisWork referencing
it isn't necessary.
Daniel Bearden wrote:
> Hello, I am the technical editor of the Apostolic Bible Polyglot and
> have developed two OSIS modules of the Greek and English text both coded
> to Strong's.
> I have attached the OSIS files and the corresponding .conf files.
> Daniel Bearden
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel