[sword-devel] Release-critical TODO items (updated mod2osis patch)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 27 00:01:54 MST 2009

Greg Hellings wrote:

> The way I tested it was to create a .conf file for KJVTEST and export
> KJV with it, then import to the KJVTEST directory.  Then run either a
> script or even write a program to compare the output of KJV and
> KJVTEST across all the verses, with all the options enabled, to see if
> they're identical.

Interesting.  What I am doing so far is just a trivial one-liner:

  mod2osis KJV |xmllint --noout --schema
http://www.bibletechnologies.net/osisCore.2.1.1.xsd -

as a quick check to see if the output validates.

It doesn't, but it is looking very close.  Two issues remain:

(1) Use of type="section" in Psalm titles.  These should all be
type="psalm", if I am reading the .xsd file correctly.  And indeed:

  mod2osis KJV |sed -e 's/type="section"/type="psalm"/' |xmllint --noout
--schema http://www.bibletechnologies.net/osisCore.2.1.1.xsd -

gets rid of all those (138) errors.

Who is in charge of the KJV OSIS input text... and could they please
confirm my diagnosis of the issue and fix this, please?  I am using a
KJV module downloaded from CrossWire, with:

SwordVersionDate=2006-10-09
Version=2.3

Hmmm: OTOH, although the CrossWire wiki tells me to validate with the
xsd I list above, the mod2osis output says the KJV used osisCore.2.5.xsd
-- a newer version, which is fine, except I can't seem to find it at the
bibletechnologies.net web site.

Is this just an outdated wiki page leading me astray, and if so, where
can I find osisCore.2.5.xsd ?

(2) 14 errors of the form:

-:60107: element div: Schemas validity error : Element
'{http://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}div': This
element is not expected.

which is more likely to be a mod2osis buglet of some sort... I'm
investigating this one now...

Hmm, it is related to the handling of div elemts of type="colophon" as
the final element of 14 NT books.  It might be something the newer .xsd
file permits that the 2.1.1 xsd I am using does not?

That's plenty for tonight, I need some sleep :)

Jonathan