[sword-devel] Release-critical TODO items (updated mod2osis patch)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 23:10:36 MST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>
>> I have some patches on
>> crosswire.org/~ghellings that used to apply back in about r2150 range.
>
> OK, I just grabbed it and beat it into submission a little... now it
> applies to svn head :)  New version is at
>
>  http://computeroptions.net/sword/mod2osis-new.diff
>
> Now to test it and see what it actually does!  If it works, or even is
> "just" a significant improvement, then we can perhaps persuade Troy to
> apply it before rolling out RC3 :)

The way I tested it was to create a .conf file for KJVTEST and export
KJV with it, then import to the KJVTEST directory.  Then run either a
script or even write a program to compare the output of KJV and
KJVTEST across all the verses, with all the options enabled, to see if
they're identical.

Obviously, that only covers the OSIS->OSIS conversion and doesn't
cover, say, ThML->OSIS or anything else.  But it should at least be
well formed XML, now, and possibly even valid OSIS!

--Greg