[sword-devel] lemma search (was sword-1.6.0RC1 available)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 25 20:59:30 MST 2009

Matthew Talbert wrote:

> I've been thinking about this some more. Is there any reason that we
> can't have this be the default behavior? I can't think of any reason
> to search another way, and if this is changed, we will have to #ifdef
> this in Xiphos to remain compatible with 1.5.11 (which we still need
> for the present).

Matthew, I don't think we can reasonably make this the default.  I'm
sorry.  The '.' tells the lemma search code to enter different logic
which iterates each item at the lowest level and see if it has a prefix
up to the '.'.  This logic is slower than the map lookup normally used,
and there are quite a few bottom level entryAttributes which are not
repeatable.

Since the API has changed, I'm sure you are checking something like:

pkg-config --modversion sword

So, I hope it's not too much trouble to use the old syntax if compiling
against the 1.5.x source base.

	-Troy.