[sword-devel] lemma search (was sword-1.6.0RC1 available)

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:50:05 MST 2009

>>> Addition of a new feature when doing entryAttribute searching: the suffix
>>> of
>>> a '.' will expand search to include components, for example:
>>> Word//Lemma./G932/
>>> will register a hit if G932 matches Lemma, Lemma.1, Lemma.2, etc.
>>
>> Is there any danger in always using Lemma. ?
>
> Nope, I would always use the . syntax when searching Lemma if you don't mind
> the result being in any position.

I've been thinking about this some more. Is there any reason that we
can't have this be the default behavior? I can't think of any reason
to search another way, and if this is changed, we will have to #ifdef
this in Xiphos to remain compatible with 1.5.11 (which we still need
for the present).

Matthew