[sword-devel] lemma search (was sword-1.6.0RC1 available)

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 21:06:12 MST 2009

> Matthew, I don't think we can reasonably make this the default.  I'm sorry.
>  The '.' tells the lemma search code to enter different logic which iterates
> each item at the lowest level and see if it has a prefix up to the '.'.
>  This logic is slower than the map lookup normally used, and there are quite
> a few bottom level entryAttributes which are not repeatable.

Then it seems that the design needs to change somehow. How is
attribute search even worthwhile if you are either a) returning too
many results or b) returning too few? You said yourself you would
always do it that way. So for whom are we worried about making it too
slow?

> Since the API has changed, I'm sure you are checking something like:
>
> pkg-config --modversion sword

Naturally, we're already doing this. It's just one more thing we have
to add which I was hoping to avoid.

Matthew