[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Bibletime 2.0.alpha3 FTBFS with sword 1.6.0RC1 library

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Apr 23 03:28:42 MST 2009

Quoting "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org>:

> I understand it is easier to just setUserDislaimerConfirmed(true), but
> this better assures that the frontend developers actually present
> something to the user-- or they are really going out of their way to
> NOT present something to the user if they overload this method and do
> nothing-- which would be sad.
>
> Hope you understand.
>
> 	-Troy.

I understand the point, but based on my experiences with some other
libraries can understand how Manfred feels. Just one technical note:
if a class is meant to be subclassed it should be declared as such
with a pure virtual method or something. If a class can be used on its
own it should work out of the box for most common cases, IMO. Letting
people think it works for a GUI frontend (the most common case) even
if it doesn't is wrong.

--Eeli Kaikkonen