[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Bibletime 2.0.alpha3 FTBFS with sword 1.6.0RC1 library

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Thu Apr 23 03:31:25 MST 2009

Am 23.04.2009 um 11:08 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:

> Manfred Bergmann wrote:
>>> I noticed the setUserDisclaimerConfirmed(bool) has been removed.
>>> How can I set this now?
>> So I need to subclass InstallMgr now?
>> Hmm, not sure I like it, means more code an an additional class
>> just to return a true here.
>
> Dear Manfred,  My apologies for the inconvenience.  It does seem
> like a pain to override the method, and maybe moreso for you in
> objective-c, though I don't know.
>
> There are a few methods which should be overridden in InstallMgr,
>
> getCipherKey()
> isUserDisclaimerConfirmed()
>

> The first prompts the user for an unlock key and the second to
> confirm a disclaimer (the first needs work on our end).  If you
> merely overload these methods, they will get called at an
> appropriate time, so ultimately it should make things more
> consistent for all frontends and the users.  I know it's a pain in
> the butt, but the beginning of installmgr.cpp has been changed to
> give a simple example you can cut and paste:
>
> http://www.crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/utilities/installmgr.cpp
>
> obviously you'll want to change those std::cout calls to a dialog
> box :)
>
> Sorry again for the change.
>
> I understand it is easier to just setUserDislaimerConfirmed(true),
> but this better assures that the frontend developers actually
> present something to the user-- or they are really going out of
> their way to NOT present something to the user if they overload this
> method and do nothing-- which would be sad.
>
> Hope you understand.

Hi Troy.

Yes, I understand.
Objective-C++ fully understands C++, so subclassing is not an issue.
But this subclass would be separated from the UI logic (MVC) and
somewhat more complicated altogether.
If I need a subclass anyway, I could add the field and the setter to
get the same behaviour as before actually.

Regards,
Manfred